Nursing epitomizes service; it involves taking care of all sorts of patients in hospitals, old age homes, sanatoriums etc., Nursing provides supporting pillars to patients. Nurses are sometimes also called as ‘Sisters’ constantly have to monitor the condition of patients and administer prescribed medicines at regular intervals. They also coordinate medical specialists and helps in setting up medical equipment in operation theatres and clinical laboratories. Nurses support to people who are unable to lead a normal life due to one reason or another or are recovering from illness.
Key to Success
To be successful in Nursing you should have/ develop:
Scope and Opportunities
- Nurses never remain unemployed. As health service network are widening the, the demand for this profession is growing.
- The employment opportunities of nursing are available in private and government run hospitals, nursing homes, orphanages, old age homes, industries, sanatoriums and the armed forces.
- Nurses can also take up administrative and teaching positions in medical colleges and nursing schools.
Lifestyle & Social Status
- This is a secure job profile
- There is no paucity of opportunities within the country and abroad
- You get the satisfaction of alleviating pain and suffering and seeing people get hale and hearty again
- Nurses usually have to work in shifts and night duties are common
- Stressful work condition can have an adverse effect on the psyche and health
- Icon Personalities in Nursing – Florence Nightingale.
- General nurses – Nurses working in hospitals, nursing homes and medical establishments. Elementary job is to take care of patients, assist doctors and perform administrative duties.
- Midwives – Nurses whose specialize take care of expecting mothers and provide assistance during childbirth.
- Health workers – Nurses who provide medical aid to people living in the rural areas.
- knowledge of traditional designs
- communicative skills
- Lot of hard work
- Alertness of mind
- Adaptability to follow difficult time schedules
- Ability to think in crisis, good team spirit
Current Job Scenario
- Initially, Nurses often earn a monthly salary that is in the range of Rs 7,000 to Rs 17,000.
- Mid-level positions can fetch a pay packet anywhere between Rs 10,000 to Rs 20,000.
- Highly experienced nurses can even get a salary in the band of Rs 30,000 to Rs 40,000 per month in high risk departments like ICU or OT
- All level of hospitals and government health services
|Course Options||B.Sc Nursing||General Nursing And Midwifery|
|Academic Eligibility||10+2 science stream||10+2 any stream|
|Fees||Rs 50,000 to Rs 1,80,000 per annum||Rs 45,000 to Rs 1,40,000|
|Expenditure in Metro and Tier-1||Rs. 2 Lakhs to Rs. 2.5 Lakhs||Rs. 2 Lakhs to Rs. 2.5 Lakhs|
|Expenditure in Tier-2||Rs. 1.25 – Rs. 1.75 Lakhs||Rs. 1.25 – Rs. 1.75 Lakhs|
|Duration||3 Years||1 Year|
- Dialysis nurse
- Emergency nurse
- Intensive care unit(ICU)registered nurse
- Oncology registered nurse
- Operating room registered nurse
- Public health nurse
- Registered nurse
Below places we do require Nurses:
- Nursing care facilities
- Ambulatory healthcare services
- Private clinics
- Residential clinic facilities
- AIIMS B.Sc Nursing exam
- JIPMER B.Sc Exam
- AFMC Pune – Nursing Exam
- Kindly check with Institute / University with their entrance exam ; there is no any national level exam