Career in BCA
“Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) is an undergraduate academic degree in computer applications awarded in India after completion of a three-year course. It is a 3-year (six semesters) undergraduate program.
BCA graduates work as software developers in companies”. It gives insight to enter in the IT industry at various levels.
Key to Success
To be successful in Computer Application you should have/ develop:
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new things, technologies and adopt new methods of work
- Logical thinking about the usage of computers in different areas
Scope and Opportunities
With the growth of IT industry there is great demand for computer graduates in every sector. After completing a three year undergraduate program in BCA one can go for post graduate program MCA. This opens great opportunities in software development and testing. You can start up in India gain some experience and then try for opportunities abroad. This career has now gained importance as students from any stream after 12th can pursue this degree.
Lifestyle & Social Status
- May require working at odd hours to match international timings.
- Must be prepared to work till late in the evening and even on weekends.
- Pressure to complete tasks within deadlines
- System analysts: They are involved in to the process of purchasing the hardware, software, installation of the computer systems and software. They are even responsible for the maintenance of the hardware, researching the organizational procedures and planning their computerization
- Technical writers: They are involved in writing manuals for computers
- E-commerce: They can assist in website development for commercial purpose, website maintenance, resolving e-commerce related security issues and building strong security platform
- Webmasters: Webmasters manages websites configuration, setting up of the website, its ranking, development and also take care of the security, create firewalls against the hackers and stalkers
- Networking: To design network connectivity, LAN connections, implementation of support system, servicing and management. Taking care of firewall and security complications.
- Computer education: They are responsible for running computer literacy program for students, parents, professionals, end users and spreading awareness of advanced computer technology.
- Art Director, Game Design - An Art game designing art director is responsible for end to end activities of a game designing, starting from protection, usability testing, players two way interaction, GUI, and game environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Logical Skills
- Analytical Skills
Current Job Scenario
These professionals are entitled to good salaries and incentives. The salaries vary from job to job and depend on the level of qualification and performance. In the field of information technology, a beginner easily gets a salary between Rs. 8000-Rs12000 per month. With higher qualification and more experience, one can earn as much as Rs 30000 per month. This field also provides international platforms in ways of abroad postings and on job sites.
- Casio India Company
- Acer India (PVT) Ltd
- CMC Limited
- Hewlett-Packard India
|Academic Eligibility||10+2 any stream aggregate 55%||BCA + entrance|
|Fees||Rs. 35k Per Annum||Rs. 45k Per Annum|
|Expenditure in Metro and Tier-1||Rs. 2 lakhs to Rs. 2.5 lakhs||Rs. 2 lakhs to Rs. 2.5 lakhs|
|Expenditure in Tier-2||Rs. 1.75 lakhs to Rs. 2lakhs||Rs. 1.75 lakhs to Rs. 2 lakhs|
|Affiliation||Respective University||Respective University|
- C++ programmers
- C programmers
- Code generator
- Java programmer
- Software analyst
- Software tester
- There is no national level exam for BCA
- All Entrance exams are state or institute level ; some of the institute level exams for BCA course are as follows:
- Symbiosis Entrance Test
- IPU CET