Biomedicine is a branch of medical science that applies biological and other natural-science principles to clinical practice.
“Biomedicine involves the study of (patho-) physiological processes with methods from biology, chemistry and physics. Approaches range from understanding molecular interactions to the study of the consequences at the in vivo level. These processes are studied with the particular point of view of devising new strategies for diagnosis and therapy.”
After completion of graduation in bio-medicals one can opt for post graduation in
- Biomedical sciences
- Environmental sciences
- Other allied subjects
Key to Success
To be successful as a Bio Medicine you should have/ develop:
- Good memory and recollection ability
- Service mentality
- Power of concentration
- Emotional stability
Scope and Opportunities
Biomedical Sciences is the degree course of three years. In this study one learns about the biological functioning of the human body, and discovers the mechanisms of various diseases, it’s a good course purely focusing on sciences. There are varied opportunities in this field, if you are interested in research there is great scope if not there are other options open the industry. Job growth in this sector is enormous. One can study biomedicine through two paths one is science and other is engineering.
Lifestyle & Social Status
- The job is indoor
- Well paid
- Lot of research related work
- To conduct research on behavioral, biological, psychological, or other life systems of living organism.
- Develop new facts/tests, prove/modify known theories of life systems
- Design and develop artificial organs, ultrasonic imaging devices, cardiac pacemakers or other health-care personnel in observing, repairing, or treating physical ailments.
- May specialize in design and development of biomedical equipment used by medical facilities and be known as Clinical Engineer.
- Logical skills
- Analytical Skills
- Ability to take timely decisions
- Learning throughout their career
Current Job Scenario
Biomedical science is one of the highly edifying fields. A fresher working in hospitals and health care centers are paid between Rs. 10,000-15,000 PM. Graduates engaged in research activities and teaching sector are paid between Rs. 15,000 – 20,000 PM. The Starting Salary of Individuals working in government sector are between Rs. 20,000 – 25,000 PM.
- Government or private hospitals
- Nursing homes/clinics/health departments
- Medical colleges and training institutes as teachers
- Research institutes and medical colleges as researchers
- Industrial sector
- Private practice/ self employment
|Course Options||B.Sc./B.tech Biochemistry||M.sc Biochemistry|
|Academic Eligibility||10+2 with biology, maths and chemistry||B.Sc./B.tech Biochemistry|
|Fees||Rs. 10K to Rs. 15K per annum||Rs. 20K to Rs. 15K|
|Expenditure in Metro and Tier-1||Rs. 2lakhs to Rs. 2.5lakhs||Rs. 2lakhs to Rs. 2.5lakhs|
|Expenditure in Tier-2||Rs. 1.75lakhs to Rs. 2lakhs||Rs. 1.75lakhs to Rs. 2lakhs|
|Duration||3/4 Years||2 Years|
|Affiliation||Respective University||Respective University|
- Bio material technicians
- Bio mechanics engineer
- Bio medical equipment technician
- Medical mechanics
- Genetic engineer
- Imagine specialist
- For B.Tech in Biomedical – JEE, JEE Advanced and State Level Entrance Exams
- For B.Sc in Biomedical – Admission process takes place on merit basis